Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Political Science & Government at Montclair State University

Find Schools Near

Political Science & Government at Montclair State University

Every political science and government school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the political science program at Montclair State University stacks up to those at other schools.

Montclair State is located in Montclair, New Jersey and has a total student population of 21,005. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 67 students received a bachelor's degree in political science from Montclair State.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Political Science & Government section at the bottom of this page.

Montclair State Political Science & Government Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science

Montclair State Political Science & Government Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks political science programs across the country. The following shows how Montclair State performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The political science major at Montclair State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Political Science & Government. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Political Science & Government Schools 272
Most Focused Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 572

Earnings of Montclair State Political Science Graduates

The median salary of political science students who receive their bachelor's degree at Montclair State is $25,696. This is less than $33,089, which is the national average of all political science majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Political Science Student Demographics at Montclair State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the political science majors at Montclair State University.

Montclair State Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Program

48% Women
51% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 67 students earned a bachelor's degree in political science from Montclair State. About 48% of these graduates were women and the other 52% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 12% more racial-ethnic minorities in its political science bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Montclair State University with a bachelor's in political science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 18
White 23
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 8

Montclair State also has a doctoral program available in political science. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Political Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in political science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Montclair State University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Managers 18,370 $138,820
Economics Professors 340 $117,220
Economists 180 $100,500


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.