Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Health at Montclair State University

Find Schools Near

Public Health at Montclair State University

If you are interested in studying public health, you may want to check out the program at Montclair State University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Montclair State is located in Montclair, New Jersey and approximately 21,005 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 80 public health majors received their bachelor's degree from Montclair State.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Health section at the bottom of this page.

Montclair State Public Health Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health
  • Master’s Degree in Public Health

Montclair State Public Health Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the public health progam at Montclair State compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The public health major at Montclair State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Public Health. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Public Health Master’s Degree Schools 180

In 2021, 25 students received their master’s degree in public health from Montclair State. This makes it the #158 most popular school for public health master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Public Health Graduates from Montclair State Make?

The median salary of public health students who receive their bachelor's degree at Montclair State is $33,240. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 3% higher than the national average of $32,238 for all public health bachelor's degree recipients.


Public Health Student Demographics at Montclair State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public health majors at Montclair State University.

Montclair State Public Health Bachelor’s Program

86% Women
75% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 80 students earned a bachelor's degree in public health from Montclair State. About 86% of these graduates were women and the other 14% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 27% more racial-ethnic minorities in its public health bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Montclair State University with a bachelor's in public health.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 31
Hispanic or Latino 24
White 18
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Montclair State Public Health Master’s Program

84% Women
48% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The public health program at Montclair State awarded 25 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 16% of these degrees went to men with the other 84% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Montclair State University with a master's in public health.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 8
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Montclair State also has a doctoral program available in public health. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Public Health Grads May Go Into

A degree in public health can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Montclair State University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Medical and Health Services Managers 11,260 $116,750
Health Specialties Professors 4,420 $109,190
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 2,670 $80,350
Occupational Health and Safety Specialists 2,240 $80,990
Community Health Workers 1,250 $51,560


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.