Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Natural Resources Conservation at McDaniel College

Find Schools Near

Natural Resources Conservation at McDaniel College

If you are interested in studying natural resources conservation, you may want to check out the program at McDaniel College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

McDaniel is located in Westminster, Maryland and has a total student population of 2,931. Of the 484 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from McDaniel College in 2021, 18 of them were natural resources conservation majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Natural Resources Conservation section at the bottom of this page.

McDaniel Natural Resources Conservation Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Conservation

McDaniel Natural Resources Conservation Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the conservation progam at McDaniel compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The conservation major at McDaniel is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Natural Resources Conservation. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Degree Schools 256

How Much Do Conservation Graduates from McDaniel Make?

The median salary of conservation students who receive their bachelor's degree at McDaniel is $22,472. This is less than $31,602, which is the national average of all conservation majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Conservation Student Demographics at McDaniel

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the conservation majors at McDaniel College.

McDaniel Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Program

56% Women
11% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 18 students earned a bachelor's degree in conservation from McDaniel. About 56% of these graduates were women and the other 44% were men. The typical conservation bachelor's degree program is made up of only 40% men. So male students are more repesented at McDaniel since its program graduates 5% more men than average.


About 83% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in conservation at McDaniel are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from McDaniel College with a bachelor's in conservation.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 15
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

McDaniel also has a doctoral program available in conservation. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Conservation Grads May Go Into

A degree in conservation can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for McDaniel College.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 2,560 $77,300
Conservation Scientists 340 $79,070
Environmental Science Professors 170 $79,550
Foresters 50 $64,370


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.