Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Media Studies at McDaniel College

Find Schools Near

Communication & Media Studies at McDaniel College

If you are interested in studying communication and media studies, you may want to check out the program at McDaniel College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

McDaniel is located in Westminster, Maryland and has a total student population of 2,931. Of the 484 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from McDaniel College in 2021, 19 of them were communication and media studies majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Communication & Media Studies section at the bottom of this page.

McDaniel Communication & Media Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communications

McDaniel Communication & Media Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the communications progam at McDaniel compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The communications major at McDaniel is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Communication & Media Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 292
Most Popular Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 507
Most Popular Communication & Media Studies Schools 638

How Much Do Communications Graduates from McDaniel Make?

The median salary of communications students who receive their bachelor's degree at McDaniel is $30,295. This is less than $32,435, which is the national average of all communications majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Communications Student Demographics at McDaniel

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communications majors at McDaniel College.

McDaniel Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program

53% Women
42% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 19 students earned a bachelor's degree in communications from McDaniel. About 53% of these graduates were women and the other 47% were men. The typical communications bachelor's degree program is made up of only 36% men. So male students are more repesented at McDaniel since its program graduates 11% more men than average.


About 53% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in communications at McDaniel are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 3% more racial-ethnic minorities in its communications bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from McDaniel College with a bachelor's in communications.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 10
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

McDaniel also has a doctoral program available in communications. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Communications Grads May Go Into

A degree in communications can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for McDaniel College.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
Public Relations Specialists 3,250 $71,030
Editors 2,280 $59,560
Writers and Authors 920 $75,430
Reporters and Correspondents 490 $60,170
Radio and Television Announcers 440 $57,430


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.