Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Natural Resources Conservation at Lander University

Find Schools Near

Natural Resources Conservation at Lander University

Every natural resources conservation school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the conservation program at Lander University stacks up to those at other schools.

Lander University is located in Greenwood, South Carolina and approximately 3,226 students attend the school each year. Of the 514 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Lander University in 2019, 5 of them were natural resources conservation majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Natural Resources Conservation section at the bottom of this page.

Lander University Natural Resources Conservation Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Conservation

Lander University Natural Resources Conservation Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the conservation progam at Lander University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The conservation major at Lander University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Natural Resources Conservation. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Degree Schools 297
Most Focused Natural Resources Conservation Schools 374
Most Popular Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Degree Schools 479
Most Popular Natural Resources Conservation Schools 579

Conservation Student Demographics at Lander University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the conservation majors at Lander University.

Lander University Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Program

40% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The conservation program at Lander University awarded 5 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 60% of these degrees went to men with the other 40% going to women. The typical conservation bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% men. So male students are more repesented at Lander University since its program graduates 17% more men than average.

Lander University Gender Breakdown of Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 80% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in conservation at Lander University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lander University with a bachelor's in conservation.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Natural Resources Conservation Majors at Lander University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Lander University also has a doctoral program available in conservation. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Conservation Grads May Go Into

A degree in conservation can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SC, the home state for Lander University.

Occupation Jobs in SC Average Salary in SC
Conservation Scientists 250 $56,220
Foresters 200 $61,430

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.