Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Media Studies at Lander University

Find Schools Near

Communication & Media Studies at Lander University

What traits are you looking for in a communications school? To help you decide if Lander University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's communications program.

Lander University is located in Greenwood, South Carolina and has a total student population of 3,226. In 2019, 15 communications majors received their bachelor's degree from Lander University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Communication & Media Studies section at the bottom of this page.

Lander University Communication & Media Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communications

Lander University Communication & Media Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the communications progam at Lander University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The communications major at Lander University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Communication & Media Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 413
Most Focused Communication & Media Studies Schools 474

Communications Student Demographics at Lander University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communications majors at Lander University.

Lander University Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program

40% Women
40% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 15 students earned a bachelor's degree in communications from Lander University. About 40% of these graduates were women and the other 60% were men. The typical communications bachelor's degree program is made up of only 36% men. So male students are more repesented at Lander University since its program graduates 24% more men than average.

Lander University Gender Breakdown of Communication & Media Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 60% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in communications at Lander University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 2% more racial-ethnic minorities in its communications bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lander University with a bachelor's in communications.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Media Studies Majors at Lander University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Lander University also has a doctoral program available in communications. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Communications Grads May Go Into

A degree in communications can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SC, the home state for Lander University.

Occupation Jobs in SC Average Salary in SC
Public Relations Specialists 2,070 $54,860
Editors 820 $46,630
Reporters and Correspondents 480 $46,660
Radio and Television Announcers 220 $49,430

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.