Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Media Studies at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Communication & Media Studies at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania

If you are interested in studying communication and media studies, you may want to check out the program at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Kutztown University is located in Kutztown, Pennsylvania and approximately 7,890 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 89 students received a bachelor's degree in communications from Kutztown University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Communication & Media Studies section at the bottom of this page.

Kutztown University Communication & Media Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communications

Online Classes Are Available at Kutztown University

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Kutztown University does offer online education options in communications for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

Kutztown University Communication & Media Studies Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks communications programs across the country. The following shows how Kutztown University performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The communications major at Kutztown University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Communication & Media Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 17
Best Communication & Media Studies Schools 99

How Much Do Communications Graduates from Kutztown University Make?

The median salary of communications students who receive their bachelor's degree at Kutztown University is $34,816. This is 7% higher than $32,435, which is the national average for all communications bachelor's degree recipients.


Communications Student Demographics at Kutztown University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communications majors at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.

Kutztown University Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program

63% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The communications program at Kutztown University awarded 89 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 37% of these degrees went to men with the other 63% going to women. The typical communications bachelor's degree program is made up of only 36% men. So male students are more repesented at Kutztown University since its program graduates 1% more men than average.


About 72% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in communications at Kutztown University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in communications.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 64
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

Kutztown University also has a doctoral program available in communications. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Communications Grads May Go Into

A degree in communications can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Public Relations Specialists 8,390 $61,510
Editors 3,020 $62,870
Writers and Authors 1,400 $60,140
Reporters and Correspondents 1,330 $39,600
Communications Professors 1,280 $76,720


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.