Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at Kennesaw State University

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at Kennesaw State University

If you plan to study information technology, take a look at what Kennesaw State University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

KSU Georgia is located in Kennesaw, Georgia and approximately 37,807 students attend the school each year. Of the 5,351 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Kennesaw State University in 2019, 55 of them were information technology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

KSU Georgia Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in IT (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in IT

Online Classes Are Available at KSU Georgia

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? KSU Georgia offers distance education options for IT at the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

KSU Georgia Information Technology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IT progam at KSU Georgia compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IT major at KSU Georgia is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Information Technology Basic Certificate Schools 21
Most Focused Information Technology Graduate Certificate Schools 71

Earnings of KSU Georgia IT Graduates

The median salary of IT students who receive their bachelor's degree at KSU Georgia is $63,500. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 38% higher than the national average of $46,100 for all IT bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

IT Student Demographics at KSU Georgia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at Kennesaw State University.

KSU Georgia Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

7% Women
42% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 55 students earned a bachelor's degree in IT from KSU Georgia. About 7% of these graduates were women and the other 93% were men.

KSU Georgia Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 55% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in IT at KSU Georgia are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 7% more racial-ethnic minorities in its IT bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Kennesaw State University with a bachelor's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Kennesaw State University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 30
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

KSU Georgia also has a doctoral program available in IT. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for GA, the home state for Kennesaw State University.

Occupation Jobs in GA Average Salary in GA
Computer User Support Specialists 22,090 $53,090
Computer Workers 21,500 $90,140
Managers 14,480 $118,060
Computer and Information Systems Managers 13,990 $143,930
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 10,040 $86,910

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.