Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Accounting at Ithaca College

Find Schools Near

Accounting at Ithaca College

If you are interested in studying accounting, you may want to check out the program at Ithaca College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Ithaca is located in Ithaca, New York and has a total student population of 5,354. In 2021, 26 accounting majors received their bachelor's degree from Ithaca.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Accounting section at the bottom of this page.

Ithaca Accounting Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
  • Master’s Degree in Accounting

Ithaca Accounting Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the accounting progam at Ithaca compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The accounting major at Ithaca is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Accounting. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Accounting Master’s Degree Schools 41
Best Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Schools 134
Best Accounting Schools 147
Most Popular Accounting Master’s Degree Schools 434
Most Focused Accounting Master’s Degree Schools 438
Best Value Accounting Schools 905
Most Focused Accounting Schools 1,134

In 2021, 6 students received their master’s degree in accounting from Ithaca. This makes it the #435 most popular school for accounting master’s degree candidates in the country.

Accounting Student Demographics at Ithaca

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the accounting majors at Ithaca College.

Ithaca Accounting Bachelor’s Program

54% Women
31% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 26 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Accounting from Ithaca in 2020-2021, 46% were men and 54% were women. The typical accounting bachelor's degree program is made up of only 42% men. So male students are more repesented at Ithaca since its program graduates 5% more men than average.


About 58% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in accounting at Ithaca are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Ithaca College with a bachelor's in accounting.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 15
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Ithaca Accounting Master’s Program

67% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 6 students earned a master's degree in accounting from Ithaca. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.


Of the students who received a accounting master's degree from Ithaca, 67% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Ithaca College with a master's in accounting.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Ithaca also has a doctoral program available in accounting. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Accounting Grads May Go Into

A degree in accounting can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Ithaca College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Accountants and Auditors 110,780 $96,300
Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks 104,580 $45,590
Financial Analysts 53,250 $137,270
Financial Managers 42,460 $210,510
Financial Examiners 9,030 $115,980


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.