Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Psychology at Divine Mercy University

Find Schools Near

Psychology at Divine Mercy University

Every psychology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the psychology program at Divine Mercy University stacks up to those at other schools.

DMU is located in Arlington, Virginia and approximately 340 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

DMU Psychology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Psychology
  • Doctorate Degree in Psychology

Online Classes Are Available at DMU

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? DMU offers distance education options for psychology at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

DMU Psychology Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 8 students who received their doctoral degrees in psychology, making the school the #227 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Psychology Student Demographics at DMU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Divine Mercy University.

DMU Psychology Master’s Program

72% Women
26% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The psychology program at DMU awarded 78 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 28% of these degrees went to men with the other 72% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 21% men graduate in psychology each year. DMU does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 7% more men than average.

DMU Gender Breakdown of Psychology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Divine Mercy University with a master's in psychology.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Psychology Majors at Divine Mercy University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 13
White 38
International Students 8
Other Races/Ethnicities 13

Concentrations Within Psychology

The following psychology concentations are available at Divine Mercy University. The completion numbers here include all graduates who receive any type of degree in this field from Divine Mercy University. Some of these focus areas may not be available for your degree level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
General Psychology 50
Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology 36

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for Divine Mercy University.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
Managers 17,280 $134,500
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 2,680 $80,380
Psychology Professors 1,200 $75,770
Psychologists 400 $97,200
Industrial-Organizational Psychologists 200 $126,220

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.