Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology at George Washington University

What traits are you looking for in a clinical psychology school? To help you decide if George Washington University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's clinical psychology program.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 27,017 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology
  • Doctorate Degree in Clinical Psychology

GWU Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

There were 17 students who received their doctoral degrees in clinical psychology, making the school the #67 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Clinical Psychology Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the clinical psychology majors at George Washington University.

GWU Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Master’s Program

89% Women
24% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The clinical psychology program at GWU awarded 76 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 11% of these degrees went to men with the other 89% going to women.


Of the students who received a clinical psychology master's degree from GWU, 66% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in clinical psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 50
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Careers That Clinical Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in clinical psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Managers 19,910 $147,460
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 710 $95,500
Psychologists 200 $95,380
Psychology Professors 140 $109,060


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.