Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at George Washington University

What traits are you looking for in a IT school? To help you decide if George Washington University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's IT program.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and has a total student population of 27,017. In 2021, 65 IT majors received their bachelor's degree from GWU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IT
  • Master’s Degree in IT

GWU Information Technology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IT progam at GWU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IT major at GWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Information Technology Master’s Degree Schools 45

In 2021, 144 students received their master’s degree in IT from GWU. This makes it the #9 most popular school for IT master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do IT Graduates from GWU Make?

The median salary of IT students who receive their bachelor's degree at GWU is $74,168. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 45% higher than the national average of $51,250 for all IT bachelor's degree recipients.


IT Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at George Washington University.

GWU Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

31% Women
58% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The IT program at GWU awarded 65 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 69% of these degrees went to men with the other 31% going to women. The typical IT bachelor's degree program is made up of only 22% women. So female students are more repesented at GWU since its program graduates 9% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 20% more racial-ethnic minorities in its IT bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a bachelor's in IT.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 23
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 10
White 23
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

GWU Information Technology Master’s Program

31% Women
31% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
For the most recent academic year available, 69% of IT master's degrees went to men and 31% went to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in IT.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 17
Black or African American 22
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 61
International Students 9
Other Races/Ethnicities 34

GWU also has a doctoral program available in IT. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Managers 19,910 $147,460
Computer Workers 18,040 $117,540
Computer User Support Specialists 4,110 $71,020
Computer and Information Systems Managers 4,020 $168,500
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 1,960 $99,920


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.