Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Software & Applications at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Computer Software & Applications at George Washington University

Every computer software and applications school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the computer software program at George Washington University stacks up to those at other schools.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 27,017 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Software & Applications section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Computer Software & Applications Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Computer Software

GWU Computer Software & Applications Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Computer Software Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer software majors at George Washington University.

GWU Computer Software & Applications Master’s Program

44% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The computer software program at GWU awarded 90 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 56% of these degrees went to men with the other 44% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in computer software.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 15
International Students 62
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Computer Software Grads May Go Into

A degree in computer software can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Software Applications Developers 2,520 $112,510
Graphic Designers 1,690 $71,180
Web Developers 1,220 $87,320
Computer Programmers 1,090 $105,200
Database Administrators 850 $95,710


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.