Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at George Mason University

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at George Mason University

If you plan to study information technology, take a look at what George Mason University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

GMU is located in Fairfax, Virginia and has a total student population of 37,863.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

GMU Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in IT

GMU Information Technology Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

IT Student Demographics at GMU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at George Mason University.

GMU Information Technology Master’s Program

43% Women
7% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The IT program at GMU awarded 14 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 57% of these degrees went to men with the other 43% going to women.

GMU Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Mason University with a master's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at George Mason University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 8
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for George Mason University.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
Computer User Support Specialists 19,880 $58,290
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 18,520 $93,860
Managers 17,280 $134,500
Computer Workers 14,580 $105,270
Information Security Analysts 14,180 $111,780

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.