Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at Queens College

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at Queens College

Every computer science school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the compsci program at Queens College stacks up to those at other schools.

QC is located in Queens, New York and has a total student population of 19,700. Of the 3,652 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Queens College in 2021, 317 of them were computer science majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Science section at the bottom of this page.

QC Computer Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci

QC Computer Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the compsci progam at QC compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The compsci major at QC is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 37
Most Popular Computer Science Schools 40
Most Popular Computer Science Master’s Degree Schools 148
Best Value Computer Science Schools 159

In 2021, 17 students received their master’s degree in compsci from QC. This makes it the #149 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do CompSci Graduates from QC Make?

The median salary of compsci students who receive their bachelor's degree at QC is $57,110. This is less than $63,247, which is the national average of all compsci majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


CompSci Student Demographics at QC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at Queens College.

QC Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

19% Women
70% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
For the most recent academic year available, 81% of compsci bachelor's degrees went to men and 19% went to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 35% more racial-ethnic minorities in its compsci bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Queens College with a bachelor's in compsci.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 158
Black or African American 12
Hispanic or Latino 48
White 55
International Students 39
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

QC Computer Science Master’s Program

24% Women
53% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The compsci program at QC awarded 17 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 76% of these degrees went to men with the other 24% going to women.


In the compsci master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 53% of degree recipients. That is 18% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Queens College with a master's in compsci.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 3
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

QC also has a doctoral program available in compsci. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That CompSci Grads May Go Into

A degree in compsci can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Queens College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Software Applications Developers 52,640 $116,830
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Systems Software Developers 19,690 $115,120
Computer Programmers 15,380 $91,250
Computer Network Support Specialists 12,930 $79,200


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.