Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Electrical Engineering at The City College of New York

Find Schools Near

Electrical Engineering at The City College of New York

Every electrical engineering school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the EE program at The City College of New York stacks up to those at other schools.

CCNY is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 15,227. In 2021, 84 EE majors received their bachelor's degree from CCNY.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Electrical Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

CCNY Electrical Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in EE
  • Master’s Degree in EE
  • Doctorate Degree in EE

CCNY Electrical Engineering Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the EE progam at CCNY compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The EE major at CCNY is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Electrical Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Electrical Engineering Doctor’s Degree Schools 136
Best Electrical Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 203
Best Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 285

In 2021, 20 students received their master’s degree in EE from CCNY. This makes it the #104 most popular school for EE master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 5 students who received their doctoral degrees in EE, making the school the #106 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do EE Graduates from CCNY Make?

The median salary of EE students who receive their bachelor's degree at CCNY is $62,506. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $69,521 for all EE students.


EE Student Demographics at CCNY

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the EE majors at The City College of New York.

CCNY Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

13% Women
73% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The EE program at CCNY awarded 84 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 87% of these degrees went to men with the other 13% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 43% more racial-ethnic minorities in its EE bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The City College of New York with a bachelor's in EE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 34
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 15
White 14
International Students 9
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

CCNY Electrical Engineering Master’s Program

20% Women
65% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
For the most recent academic year available, 80% of EE master's degrees went to men and 20% went to women.


In the EE master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 65% of degree recipients. That is 36% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The City College of New York with a master's in EE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 1
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

CCNY also has a doctoral program available in EE. In 2021, 5 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That EE Grads May Go Into

A degree in EE can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The City College of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Electrical Engineers 10,500 $103,740
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,330 $161,670
Engineers 4,910 $95,270
Electronics Engineers 3,630 $98,150
Engineering Professors 2,900 $127,010


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.