Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at The City College of New York

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at The City College of New York

What traits are you looking for in a compsci school? To help you decide if The City College of New York is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's compsci program.

CCNY is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 15,227. Of the 2,660 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from The City College of New York in 2021, 131 of them were computer science majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Science section at the bottom of this page.

CCNY Computer Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci

CCNY Computer Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the compsci progam at CCNY compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The compsci major at CCNY is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Computer Science Schools 153
Best Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 292

In 2021, 4 students received their master’s degree in compsci from CCNY. This makes it the #229 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of CCNY CompSci Graduates

The median salary of compsci students who receive their bachelor's degree at CCNY is $63,822. This is 1% higher than $63,247, which is the national average for all compsci bachelor's degree recipients.


CompSci Student Demographics at CCNY

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at The City College of New York.

CCNY Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

26% Women
69% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The compsci program at CCNY awarded 131 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 74% of these degrees went to men with the other 26% going to women. The typical compsci bachelor's degree program is made up of only 23% women. So female students are more repesented at CCNY since its program graduates 3% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 34% more racial-ethnic minorities in its compsci bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The City College of New York with a bachelor's in compsci.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 58
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 21
White 23
International Students 17
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

CCNY Computer Science Master’s Program

50% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 4 students who earned a master's degree in Computer Science from CCNY in 2020-2021, 50% were men and 50% were women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The City College of New York with a master's in compsci.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

CCNY also has a doctoral program available in compsci. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That CompSci Grads May Go Into

A degree in compsci can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The City College of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Software Applications Developers 52,640 $116,830
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Systems Software Developers 19,690 $115,120
Computer Programmers 15,380 $91,250
Computer Network Support Specialists 12,930 $79,200


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.