Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Radio, Television & Digital Communication at The City College of New York

Find Schools Near

Radio, Television & Digital Communication at The City College of New York

If you plan to study radio, television and digital communication, take a look at what The City College of New York has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

CCNY is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 15,227. Of the 2,660 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from The City College of New York in 2021, 7 of them were radio, television and digital communication majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Radio, Television & Digital Communication section at the bottom of this page.

CCNY Radio, Television & Digital Communication Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Communication

CCNY Radio, Television & Digital Communication Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks digital communication programs across the country. The following shows how CCNY performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The digital communication major at CCNY is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Radio, Television & Digital Communication. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Radio, TV & Digital Communication Schools 104
Most Popular Radio, TV & Digital Communication Schools 295
Most Focused Radio, TV & Digital Communication Schools 401

Earnings of CCNY Digital Communication Graduates

The median salary of digital communication students who receive their bachelor's degree at CCNY is $46,592. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 56% higher than the national average of $29,803 for all digital communication bachelor's degree recipients.


Digital Communication Student Demographics at CCNY

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the digital communication majors at The City College of New York.

CCNY Radio, Television & Digital Communication Bachelor’s Program

71% Women
100% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 7 students earned a bachelor's degree in digital communication from CCNY. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 60% more racial-ethnic minorities in its digital communication bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The City College of New York with a bachelor's in digital communication.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 0
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

CCNY also has a doctoral program available in digital communication. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Digital Communication Grads May Go Into

A degree in digital communication can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The City College of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Producers and Directors 26,110 $115,610
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Film and Video Editors 4,590 $92,170
Communications Professors 3,080 $90,470
Radio and Television Announcers 1,690 $74,220


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.