Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at Cornell University

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at Cornell University

What traits are you looking for in a compsci school? To help you decide if Cornell University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's compsci program.

Cornell is located in Ithaca, New York and approximately 24,027 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 372 compsci majors received their bachelor's degree from Cornell.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Science section at the bottom of this page.

Cornell Computer Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci
  • Doctorate Degree in CompSci

Cornell Computer Science Rankings

The compsci major at Cornell is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2019, 225 students received their master’s degree in compsci from Cornell. This makes it the #12 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 16 students who received their doctoral degrees in compsci, making the school the #26 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of Cornell CompSci Graduates

The median salary of compsci students who receive their bachelor's degree at Cornell is $116,300. This is 83% higher than $63,700, which is the national average for all compsci bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

CompSci Student Demographics at Cornell

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at Cornell University.

Cornell Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

34% Women
52% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 372 students earned a bachelor's degree in compsci from Cornell. About 34% of these graduates were women and the other 66% were men. The typical compsci bachelor's degree program is made up of only 22% women. So female students are more repesented at Cornell since its program graduates 12% more women than average.

Cornell Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 19% more racial-ethnic minorities in its compsci bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Cornell University with a bachelor's in compsci.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at Cornell University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 147
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 27
White 86
International Students 59
Other Races/Ethnicities 47

Cornell Computer Science Master’s Program

26% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 225 students who earned a master's degree in Computer Science from Cornell in 2018-2019, 74% were men and 26% were women.

Cornell Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Cornell University with a master's in compsci.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at Cornell University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 52
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 43
International Students 103
Other Races/Ethnicities 20

Cornell also has a doctoral program available in compsci. In 2019, 16 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That CompSci Grads May Go Into

A degree in compsci can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Cornell University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Software Applications Developers 52,640 $116,830
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Systems Software Developers 19,690 $115,120
Computer Programmers 15,380 $91,250
Computer Network Support Specialists 12,930 $79,200

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.