Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at Columbia University in the City of New York

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at Columbia University in the City of New York

If you plan to study information technology, take a look at what Columbia University in the City of New York has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Columbia is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 31,077.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

Columbia Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in IT

Columbia Information Technology Rankings

IT Student Demographics at Columbia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at Columbia University in the City of New York.

Columbia Information Technology Master’s Program

26% Women
43% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The IT program at Columbia awarded 106 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 74% of these degrees went to men with the other 26% going to women.

Columbia Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Master's Degree Grads

In the IT master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 43% of degree recipients. That is 8% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Columbia University in the City of New York with a master's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Columbia University in the City of New York
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 16
Black or African American 13
Hispanic or Latino 16
White 22
International Students 30
Other Races/Ethnicities 9

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Columbia University in the City of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Computer User Support Specialists 45,190 $60,160
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 25,940 $94,940
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Computer Network Support Specialists 12,930 $79,200

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.