Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Business, Management & Marketing at Charleston Southern University

Find Schools Near

Business, Management & Marketing at Charleston Southern University

If you plan to study business, management and marketing, take a look at what Charleston Southern University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

CSU is located in Charleston, South Carolina and approximately 3,477 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 124 business, management and marketing majors received their bachelor's degree from CSU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Business, Management & Marketing section at the bottom of this page.

CSU Business, Management & Marketing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management & Marketing
  • Master’s Degree in Business, Management & Marketing

Online Classes Are Available at CSU

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

For those who are interested in distance learning, CSU does offer online courses in business, management and marketing for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • Master’s Degree

CSU Business, Management & Marketing Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the business, management and marketing progam at CSU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The business, management and marketing major at CSU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Business, Management & Marketing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Business, Management & Marketing Master’s Degree Schools 57
Most Focused Business, Management & Marketing Master’s Degree Schools 301
Best Business, Management & Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 496
Best Business, Management & Marketing Schools 696

In 2019, 91 students received their master’s degree in business, management and marketing from CSU. This makes it the #485 most popular school for business, management and marketing master’s degree candidates in the country.

Business, Management & Marketing Student Demographics at CSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the business, management and marketing majors at Charleston Southern University.

CSU Business, Management & Marketing Bachelor’s Program

48% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The business, management and marketing program at CSU awarded 124 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 52% of these degrees went to men with the other 48% going to women.

CSU Gender Breakdown of Business, Management & Marketing Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 66% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in business, management and marketing at CSU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Charleston Southern University with a bachelor's in business, management and marketing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Business, Management & Marketing Majors at Charleston Southern University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 30
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 82
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

CSU Business, Management & Marketing Master’s Program

62% Women
30% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 91 students earned a master's degree in business, management and marketing from CSU. About 62% of these graduates were women and the other 38% were men.

CSU Gender Breakdown of Business, Management & Marketing Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a business, management and marketing master's degree from CSU, 59% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Charleston Southern University with a master's in business, management and marketing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Business, Management & Marketing Majors at Charleston Southern University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 24
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 54
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

CSU also has a doctoral program available in business, management and marketing. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Concentrations Within Business, Management & Marketing

If you plan to be a business, management and marketing major, you may want to focus your studies on one of the following concentrations. The completion numbers here include all graduates who receive any type of degree in this field from Charleston Southern University. Some of these focus areas may not be available for your degree level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Business Administration & Management 130
Accounting 24
Human Resource Management 19
Marketing 19
Finance & Financial Management 12
Entrepreneurial Studies 7
Management Information Systems 3
Hospitality Management 1

Careers That Business, Management & Marketing Grads May Go Into

A degree in business, management and marketing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SC, the home state for Charleston Southern University.

Occupation Jobs in SC Average Salary in SC
Customer Service Representatives 54,050 $32,320
Secretaries and Administrative Assistants 34,550 $35,510
Office Clerks 33,310 $27,810
General and Operations Managers 32,520 $101,400
Office and Administrative Support Worker Supervisors 25,410 $52,690

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.