Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication Sciences at Chapman University

Find Schools Near

Communication Sciences at Chapman University

If you plan to study communication sciences, take a look at what Chapman University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Chapman is located in Orange, California and approximately 9,850 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Communication Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Chapman Communication Sciences Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences

Chapman Communication Sciences Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Communication Sciences Student Demographics at Chapman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication sciences majors at Chapman University.

Chapman Communication Sciences Master’s Program

90% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 42 students earned a master's degree in communication sciences from Chapman. About 90% of these graduates were women and the other 10% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 5% men graduate in communication sciences each year. Chapman does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 5% more men than average.

Chapman Gender Breakdown of Communication Sciences Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a communication sciences master's degree from Chapman, 67% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level. In the communication sciences master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 29% of degree recipients. That is 3% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Chapman University with a master's in communication sciences.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Communication Sciences Majors at Chapman University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 28
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Careers That Communication Sciences Grads May Go Into

A degree in communication sciences can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for Chapman University.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Speech-Language Pathologists 13,220 $93,510
Health Specialties Professors 11,540 $161,770
Audiologists 990 $100,960

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.