Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Journalism at Chapman University

Find Schools Near

Journalism at Chapman University

What traits are you looking for in a journalism school? To help you decide if Chapman University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's journalism program.

Chapman is located in Orange, California and approximately 9,850 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,717 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Chapman University in 2019, 26 of them were journalism majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Journalism section at the bottom of this page.

Chapman Journalism Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism

Chapman Journalism Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the journalism progam at Chapman compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The journalism major at Chapman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Journalism. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Journalism Schools 136

How Much Do Journalism Graduates from Chapman Make?

The median salary of journalism students who receive their bachelor's degree at Chapman is $36,800. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 23% higher than the national average of $30,000 for all journalism bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Journalism Student Demographics at Chapman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the journalism majors at Chapman University.

Chapman Journalism Bachelor’s Program

81% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 26 students earned a bachelor's degree in journalism from Chapman. About 81% of these graduates were women and the other 19% were men.

Chapman Gender Breakdown of Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 58% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in journalism at Chapman are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Chapman University with a bachelor's in journalism.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Journalism Majors at Chapman University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 15
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Chapman also has a doctoral program available in journalism. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Journalism Grads May Go Into

A degree in journalism can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for Chapman University.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Film and Video Editors 11,380 $112,530
Editors 11,060 $78,150
Writers and Authors 7,910 $96,910
Photographers 6,060 $52,720
Reporters and Correspondents 3,430 $67,820

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.