Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Media Studies at Catholic University of America

Find Schools Near

Communication & Media Studies at Catholic University of America

If you are interested in studying communication and media studies, you may want to check out the program at Catholic University of America. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

CUA is located in Washington, District of Columbia and has a total student population of 5,366. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 17 students received a bachelor's degree in communications from CUA.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Communication & Media Studies section at the bottom of this page.

CUA Communication & Media Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communications

CUA Communication & Media Studies Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks communications programs across the country. The following shows how CUA performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The communications major at CUA is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Communication & Media Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 59
Best Communication & Media Studies Schools 60

Earnings of CUA Communications Graduates

The median salary of communications students who receive their bachelor's degree at CUA is $43,671. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 35% higher than the national average of $32,435 for all communications bachelor's degree recipients.


Communications Student Demographics at CUA

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communications majors at Catholic University of America.

CUA Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program

59% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The communications program at CUA awarded 17 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 41% of these degrees went to men with the other 59% going to women. The typical communications bachelor's degree program is made up of only 36% men. So male students are more repesented at CUA since its program graduates 5% more men than average.


About 65% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in communications at CUA are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Catholic University of America with a bachelor's in communications.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 11
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

CUA also has a doctoral program available in communications. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Communications Grads May Go Into

A degree in communications can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for Catholic University of America.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Public Relations Specialists 17,310 $107,490
Editors 3,330 $89,710
Reporters and Correspondents 1,610 $100,550
Writers and Authors 1,250 $101,690
Radio and Television Announcers 320 $85,030


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.