Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Educational Administration at American University

Find Schools Near

Educational Administration at American University

If you are interested in studying educational administration, you may want to check out the program at American University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

The American University is located in Washington, District of Columbia and has a total student population of 14,001.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Educational Administration section at the bottom of this page.

The American University Educational Administration Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education Admin

Online Classes Are Available at The American University

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

For those who are interested in distance learning, The American University does offer online courses in education admin for the following degree levels:

The American University Educational Administration Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

There were 0 student who received their doctoral degrees in education admin, making the school the #378 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Admin Student Demographics at The American University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education admin majors at American University.

The American University Educational Administration Master’s Program

82% Women
61% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 101 students earned a master's degree in education admin from The American University. About 82% of these graduates were women and the other 18% were men.


In the education admin master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 61% of degree recipients. That is 28% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American University with a master's in education admin.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 19
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 29
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 39

Careers That Education Admin Grads May Go Into

A degree in education admin can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for American University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Postsecondary Education Administrators 1,490 $117,680
Elementary and Secondary School Education Administrators 1,170 $106,200
Education Administrators 940 $105,730


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.