Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Business Administration & Management at American Public University System

Find Schools Near

Business Administration & Management at American Public University System

If you plan to study business administration and management, take a look at what American Public University System has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

American Military University is located in Charles Town, West Virginia and approximately 46,420 students attend the school each year. Of the 5,873 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from American Public University System in 2019, 1,388 of them were business administration and management majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Business Administration & Management section at the bottom of this page.

American Military University Business Administration & Management Degrees Available

  • Certificate in Business Administration (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Associate’s Degree in Business Administration
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
  • Master’s Degree in Business Administration

Online Classes Are Available at American Military University

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

American Military University does offer online education options in business administration for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Associate’s Degree
  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • Master’s Degree

American Military University Business Administration & Management Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the business administration progam at American Military University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

In terms of overall quality, College Factual ranked the business administration major at American Military University at 261 out of the 955 colleges and universities that were analyzed in the report. It is also ranked as the #1 school in West Virginia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Business Administration & Management Colleges for Veterans 8
Most Popular Online Business Administration & Management Schools 9
Most Popular Colleges for Business Administration & Management 10
Best Business Administration & Management Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 31
Best Online Business Administration & Management Schools 65
Highest Paid Business Administration & Management Graduates 71
Best Colleges for Business Administration & Management 261

In 2019, 778 students received their master’s degree in business administration from American Military University. This makes it the #22 most popular school for business administration master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of American Military University Business Administration Graduates

The median salary of business administration students who receive their bachelor's degree at American Military University is $52,400. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 30% higher than the national average of $40,200 for all business administration bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Business Administration Student Demographics at American Military University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the business administration majors at American Public University System.

American Military University Business Administration & Management Associate’s Program

28% Women
34% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
For the most recent academic year available, 72% of business administration associate's degrees went to men and 28% went to women. The typical associate's degree program in business administration only graduates about 46% men each year. The program at American Military University may seem more male-friendly since it graduates 26% more women than average.

American Military University Gender Breakdown of Business Administration & Management Associate's Degree Grads

The majority of those who receive an associate's degree in business administration at American Military University are white. Around 54% fell into this category, which is below average for this degree.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American Public University System with a associate's in business administration.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Business Administration & Management Majors at American Public University System
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 24
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 60
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 18

American Military University Business Administration & Management Bachelor’s Program

31% Women
38% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 1,388 students earned a bachelor's degree in business administration from American Military University. About 31% of these graduates were women and the other 69% were men.

American Military University Gender Breakdown of Business Administration & Management Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 55% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in business administration at American Military University are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 1% more racial-ethnic minorities in its business administration bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American Public University System with a bachelor's in business administration.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Business Administration & Management Majors at American Public University System
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 28
Black or African American 267
Hispanic or Latino 163
White 769
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 156

American Military University Business Administration & Management Master’s Program

43% Women
36% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 778 students earned a master's degree in business administration from American Military University. About 43% of these graduates were women and the other 57% were men.

American Military University Gender Breakdown of Business Administration & Management Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a business administration master's degree from American Military University, 55% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level. In the business administration master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 36% of degree recipients. That is 3% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American Public University System with a master's in business administration.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Business Administration & Management Majors at American Public University System
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 29
Black or African American 158
Hispanic or Latino 60
White 429
International Students 11
Other Races/Ethnicities 91

Careers That Business Administration Grads May Go Into

A degree in business administration can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WV, the home state for American Public University System.

Occupation Jobs in WV Average Salary in WV
General and Operations Managers 11,100 $87,430
Office and Administrative Support Worker Supervisors 8,830 $46,650
Retail Sales Supervisors 7,200 $35,120
Mechanic, and Repairer Supervisors 3,280 $60,650
Production and Operating Worker Supervisors 3,060 $66,010

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.