Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at American InterContinental University - Online

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at American InterContinental University - Online

If you plan to study computer and information sciences, take a look at what American InterContinental University - Online has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

AIU Online is located in Schaumburg, Arizona and has a total student population of 9,952. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 107 students received a bachelor's degree in computer and information sciences from AIU Online.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer & Information Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

AIU Online Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

Online Classes Are Available at AIU Online

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

AIU Online does offer online education options in computer and information sciences for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • Master’s Degree

AIU Online Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the computer and information sciences progam at AIU Online compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The computer and information sciences major at AIU Online is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer & Information Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 55
Most Popular Online Computer & Information Sciences Schools 108
Most Focused Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Degree Schools 192
Most Popular Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Degree Schools 206
Most Popular Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 225
Most Focused Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 298
Most Popular Computer & Information Sciences Schools 345
Most Focused Computer & Information Sciences Schools 593

In 2019, 44 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from AIU Online. This makes it the #206 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Demographics at AIU Online

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at American InterContinental University - Online.

AIU Online Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

26% Women
40% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The computer and information sciences program at AIU Online awarded 107 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 74% of these degrees went to men with the other 26% going to women. The typical computer and information sciences bachelor's degree program is made up of only 24% women. So female students are more repesented at AIU Online since its program graduates 2% more women than average.

AIU Online Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 6% more racial-ethnic minorities in its computer and information sciences bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American InterContinental University - Online with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at American InterContinental University - Online
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 31
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 46
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 27

AIU Online Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

45% Women
55% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The computer and information sciences program at AIU Online awarded 44 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 55% of these degrees went to men with the other 45% going to women.

AIU Online Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

In the computer and information sciences master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 55% of degree recipients. That is 20% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American InterContinental University - Online with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at American InterContinental University - Online
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 20
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 11
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 10

AIU Online also has a doctoral program available in computer and information sciences. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Concentrations Within Computer & Information Sciences

If you plan to be a computer and information sciences major, you may want to focus your studies on one of the following concentrations. The completion numbers here include all graduates who receive any type of degree in this field from American InterContinental University - Online. Some of these focus areas may not be available for your degree level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Computer Information Systems 151

Careers That Computer & Information Sciences Grads May Go Into

A degree in computer and information sciences can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for IL, the home state for American InterContinental University - Online.

Occupation Jobs in IL Average Salary in IL
Software Applications Developers 30,500 $96,610
Computer Systems Analysts 28,130 $89,370
Computer User Support Specialists 24,920 $53,020
Computer and Information Systems Managers 17,770 $143,900
Systems Software Developers 17,130 $108,570

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.