What Do Food Batchmaker Do?
Job Description: Set up and operate equipment that mixes or blends ingredients used in the manufacturing of food products. Includes candy makers and cheese makers.
What Do Food Batchmakers Do On a Daily Basis?
- Clean and sterilize vats and factory processing areas.
- Test food product samples for moisture content, acidity level, specific gravity, or butter-fat content, and continue processing until desired levels are reached.
- Place products on carts or conveyors to transfer them to the next stage of processing.
- Examine, feel, and taste product samples during production to evaluate quality, color, texture, flavor, and bouquet, and document the results.
- Cool food product batches on slabs or in water-cooled kettles.
- Homogenize or pasteurize material to prevent separation or to obtain prescribed butterfat content, using a homogenizing device.
What a Food Batchmaker Should Know
Below is a list of the skills most Food Batchmakers say are important on the job.
Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Related Job Titles
- Sandwich Maker
- Spice Mixer
- Mixer Operator
- Sausage Machine Operator
Job Outlook for Food Batchmakers
In the United States, there were 153,700 jobs for Food Batchmaker in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 1.8% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 2,700 new jobs for Food Batchmaker by 2026. There will be an estimated 21,700 positions for Food Batchmaker per year.
The states with the most job growth for Food Batchmaker are Nevada, Idaho, and Utah. Watch out if you plan on working in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, or Vermont. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Do Food Batchmakers Make A Lot Of Money?
Food Batchmakers make between $21,050 and $47,940 a year.
Food Batchmakers who work in Iowa, Wisconsin, or Minnesota, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Food Batchmakers in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$31,960|
Tools & Technologies Used by Food Batchmakers
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Food Batchmakers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Office
- Data entry software
How do I Become a Food Batchmaker?
Are there Food Batchmakers education requirements?
How many years of work experience do I need?
Food Batchmakers Sector
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
Career changers with experience as a Food Batchmaker sometimes find work in one of the following fields:
- Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|