What You Need to Know About Material Movers Supervisor
Example of Material Movers Supervisor Job Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
Material Movers Supervisor Responsibilities
- Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
- Inspect equipment for wear and for conformance to specifications.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
- Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
Material Movers Supervisor Skills
Below is a list of the skills most Material Movers Supervisors say are important on the job.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Other Material Movers Supervisor Job Titles
- Carpenter Labor Supervisor
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Circus Supervisor
- Shipping Manager
- Shipping Supervisor
What Kind of Material Movers Supervisor Job Opportunities Are There?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 184,400 jobs in the United States for Material Movers Supervisor. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 8.5% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 15,700 new jobs for Material Movers Supervisor by 2026. There will be an estimated 21,000 positions for Material Movers Supervisor per year.
The states with the most job growth for Material Movers Supervisor are Utah, Nevada, and South Carolina. Watch out if you plan on working in Maine, District of Columbia, or Alaska. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
What Tools do Material Movers Supervisors Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Material Movers Supervisors may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- Word processing software
- Oracle software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Corel WordPerfect
- Inventory control software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Employee scheduling software
- Sage ERP Accpac
- Time and attendance software
How do I Become a Material Movers Supervisor?
Are there Material Movers Supervisors education requirements?
How many years of work experience do I need?
Those thinking about becoming a Material Movers Supervisor might also be interested in the following careers:
Are you already one of the many Material Movers Supervisor in the United States? If you’re thinking about changing careers, these fields are worth exploring:
- Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Transit and Railroad Police
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|