Life As a Material Movers Supervisor
Material Movers Supervisor Job Description Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
Life As a Material Movers Supervisor: What Do They Do?
- Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
- Maintain a safe working environment by monitoring safety procedures and equipment.
- Schedule times of shipment and modes of transportation for materials.
- Examine freight to determine loading sequences.
- Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
What Skills Do You Need to Work as a Material Movers Supervisor?
Below is a list of the skills most Material Movers Supervisors say are important on the job.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Types of Material Movers Supervisor
- Pumping Supervisor
- Receiving Lead
- Parking Lot Supervisor
- Labor Utilization Superintendent
- Floor Supervisor
What Kind of Material Movers Supervisor Job Opportunities Are There?
There were about 184,400 jobs for Material Movers Supervisor in 2016 (in the United States). New jobs are being produced at a rate of 8.5% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 15,700 new jobs for Material Movers Supervisor by 2026. There will be an estimated 21,000 positions for Material Movers Supervisor per year.
The states with the most job growth for Material Movers Supervisor are Utah, Nevada, and South Carolina. Watch out if you plan on working in Maine, District of Columbia, or Alaska. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
What Tools & Technology do Material Movers Supervisors Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Material Movers Supervisors:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- Word processing software
- Oracle software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Corel WordPerfect
- Inventory control software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Employee scheduling software
- Sage ERP Accpac
- Time and attendance software
Becoming a Material Movers Supervisor
Are there Material Movers Supervisors education requirements?
How Long Does it Take to Become a Material Movers Supervisor?
You May Also Be Interested In…
Those thinking about becoming a Material Movers Supervisor might also be interested in the following careers:
Those who work as a Material Movers Supervisor sometimes switch careers to one of these choices:
- Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Transit and Railroad Police
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|