Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Special Education at Wilmington University

Find Schools Near

Special Education at Wilmington University

Every special education school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the special ed program at Wilmington University stacks up to those at other schools.

Wilmington University is located in New Castle, Delaware and approximately 14,730 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Special Education section at the bottom of this page.

Wilmington University Special Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Special Ed

Online Classes Are Available at Wilmington University

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Wilmington University does offer online education options in special ed for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Master’s Degree

Wilmington University Special Education Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Special Ed Student Demographics at Wilmington University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the special ed majors at Wilmington University.

Wilmington University Special Education Master’s Program

83% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The special ed program at Wilmington University awarded 77 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 17% of these degrees went to men with the other 83% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 13% men graduate in special ed each year. Wilmington University does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 4% more men than average.

Wilmington University Gender Breakdown of Special Education Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a special ed master's degree from Wilmington University, 65% were white. This is below average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Wilmington University with a master's in special ed.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Special Education Majors at Wilmington University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 50
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 16

Careers That Special Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in special ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for Wilmington University.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
Kindergarten or Elementary School Special Education Teachers 1,090 $61,010
Special Education Professors 270 $64,680
Middle School Special Education Teachers 130 $67,430
Interpreters and Translators 50 $53,860

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.