Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Criminal Justice & Corrections at Wayne State College

Find Schools Near

Criminal Justice & Corrections at Wayne State College

If you are interested in studying criminal justice and corrections, you may want to check out the program at Wayne State College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

WSC is located in Wayne, Nebraska and has a total student population of 3,890. In 2019, 56 criminal justice majors received their bachelor's degree from WSC.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Criminal Justice & Corrections section at the bottom of this page.

WSC Criminal Justice & Corrections Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice

Online Classes Are Available at WSC

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

For those who are interested in distance learning, WSC does offer online courses in criminal justice for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

WSC Criminal Justice & Corrections Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks criminal justice programs across the country. The following shows how WSC performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The criminal justice major at WSC is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Criminal Justice & Corrections. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor’s Degree Schools 38
Best Value Criminal Justice & Corrections Schools 123
Most Popular Online Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor’s Degree Schools 127
Most Focused Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor’s Degree Schools 141
Most Popular Criminal Justice & Corrections Schools 573

Earnings of WSC Criminal Justice Graduates

The median salary of criminal justice students who receive their bachelor's degree at WSC is $32,000. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $32,500 for all criminal justice students.

undefined

Criminal Justice Student Demographics at WSC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the criminal justice majors at Wayne State College.

WSC Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor’s Program

55% Women
23% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 56 students earned a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from WSC. About 55% of these graduates were women and the other 45% were men.

WSC Gender Breakdown of Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 73% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in criminal justice at WSC are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Wayne State College with a bachelor's in criminal justice.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Criminal Justice & Corrections Majors at Wayne State College
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 41
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

WSC also has a doctoral program available in criminal justice. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Criminal Justice Grads May Go Into

A degree in criminal justice can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NE, the home state for Wayne State College.

Occupation Jobs in NE Average Salary in NE
Accountants and Auditors 8,170 $67,920
Police and Sheriff’s Patrol Officers 3,370 $57,530
Computer Workers 2,980 $86,230
Child, Family, and School Social Workers 2,770 $41,560
Correctional Officers and Jailers 2,270 $40,310

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.