Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Music at Virginia Tech

Find Schools Near

Music at Virginia Tech

Every music school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the music program at Virginia Tech stacks up to those at other schools.

Virginia Tech is located in Blacksburg, Virginia and approximately 36,383 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 32 music majors received their bachelor's degree from Virginia Tech.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Music section at the bottom of this page.

Virginia Tech Music Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Music

Virginia Tech Music Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the music progam at Virginia Tech compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The music major at Virginia Tech is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Music. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Music Bachelor’s Degree Schools 80

Music Student Demographics at Virginia Tech

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the music majors at Virginia Tech.

Virginia Tech Music Bachelor’s Program

44% Women
19% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 32 students earned a bachelor's degree in music from Virginia Tech. About 44% of these graduates were women and the other 56% were men.

Virginia Tech Gender Breakdown of Music Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 81% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in music at Virginia Tech are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Virginia Tech with a bachelor's in music.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Music Majors at Virginia Tech
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 26
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Virginia Tech also has a doctoral program available in music. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Music Grads May Go Into

A degree in music can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for Virginia Tech.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
High School Teachers 26,830 $68,770
Sound Engineering Technicians 270 $53,780

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.