Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Work at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus

Find Schools Near

Social Work at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus

What traits are you looking for in a social work school? To help you decide if University of Washington - Tacoma Campus is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's social work program.

UW Tacoma is located in Tacoma, Washington and has a total student population of 5,329. Of the 1,523 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Washington - Tacoma Campus in 2019, 55 of them were social work majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Social Work section at the bottom of this page.

UW Tacoma Social Work Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
  • Master’s Degree in Social Work

UW Tacoma Social Work Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the social work progam at UW Tacoma compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The social work major at UW Tacoma is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Social Work. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Social Work Master’s Degree Schools 51
Best Social Work Schools 57
Most Focused Social Work Master’s Degree Schools 97
Best Value Social Work Schools 276

In 2019, 57 students received their master’s degree in social work from UW Tacoma. This makes it the #161 most popular school for social work master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of UW Tacoma Social Work Graduates

The median salary of social work students who receive their bachelor's degree at UW Tacoma is $34,900. This is 13% higher than $31,000, which is the national average for all social work bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Social Work Student Demographics at UW Tacoma

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social work majors at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus.

UW Tacoma Social Work Bachelor’s Program

75% Women
53% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The social work program at UW Tacoma awarded 55 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 25% of these degrees went to men with the other 75% going to women. The typical social work bachelor's degree program is made up of only 12% men. So male students are more repesented at UW Tacoma since its program graduates 13% more men than average.

UW Tacoma Gender Breakdown of Social Work Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 9% more racial-ethnic minorities in its social work bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Washington - Tacoma Campus with a bachelor's in social work.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Social Work Majors at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 14
White 25
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

UW Tacoma Social Work Master’s Program

79% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The social work program at UW Tacoma awarded 57 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 21% of these degrees went to men with the other 79% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 12% men graduate in social work each year. UW Tacoma does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 9% more men than average.

UW Tacoma Gender Breakdown of Social Work Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a social work master's degree from UW Tacoma, 65% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Washington - Tacoma Campus with a master's in social work.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Social Work Majors at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 10
White 37
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

UW Tacoma also has a doctoral program available in social work. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Social Work Grads May Go Into

A degree in social work can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WA, the home state for University of Washington - Tacoma Campus.

Occupation Jobs in WA Average Salary in WA
Child, Family, and School Social Workers 7,590 $51,990
Healthcare Social Workers 3,900 $62,180
Substance Abuse Social Workers 2,210 $53,780
Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists 2,010 $62,270
Social Workers 680 $73,180

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.