Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Dance at University of Southern California

Find Schools Near

Dance at University of Southern California

What traits are you looking for in a dance school? To help you decide if University of Southern California is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's dance program.

USC is located in Los Angeles, California and has a total student population of 48,321. Of the 5,337 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Southern California in 2019, 27 of them were dance majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Dance section at the bottom of this page.

USC Dance Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Dance

USC Dance Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks dance programs across the country. The following shows how USC performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The dance major at USC is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Dance. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Dance Bachelor’s Degree Schools 19

Dance Student Demographics at USC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the dance majors at University of Southern California.

USC Dance Bachelor’s Program

59% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The dance program at USC awarded 27 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 41% of these degrees went to men with the other 59% going to women. The typical dance bachelor's degree program is made up of only 12% men. So male students are more repesented at USC since its program graduates 28% more men than average.

USC Gender Breakdown of Dance Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 52% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in dance at USC are white. This is below average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Southern California with a bachelor's in dance.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Dance Majors at University of Southern California
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 14
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

USC also has a doctoral program available in dance. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Dance Grads May Go Into

A degree in dance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for University of Southern California.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 9,710 $115,460
Choreographers 410 $70,020

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.