Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Chemistry at University of Rochester

Find Schools Near

Chemistry at University of Rochester

Every chemistry school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the chemistry program at University of Rochester stacks up to those at other schools.

University of Rochester is located in Rochester, New York and approximately 11,741 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 22 chemistry majors received their bachelor's degree from University of Rochester.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Chemistry section at the bottom of this page.

University of Rochester Chemistry Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
  • Master’s Degree in Chemistry
  • Doctorate Degree in Chemistry

University of Rochester Chemistry Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks chemistry programs across the country. The following shows how University of Rochester performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The chemistry major at University of Rochester is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Chemistry. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Chemistry Schools 103
Most Popular Chemistry Bachelor’s Degree Schools 177

In 2021, 19 students received their master’s degree in chemistry from University of Rochester. This makes it the #25 most popular school for chemistry master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 11 students who received their doctoral degrees in chemistry, making the school the #91 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Chemistry Student Demographics at University of Rochester

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chemistry majors at University of Rochester.

University of Rochester Chemistry Bachelor’s Program

55% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 22 students earned a bachelor's degree in chemistry from University of Rochester. About 55% of these graduates were women and the other 45% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a bachelor's in chemistry.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 11
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

University of Rochester Chemistry Master’s Program

32% Women
Of the 19 students who earned a master's degree in Chemistry from University of Rochester in 2020-2021, 68% were men and 32% were women.


Of the students who received a chemistry master's degree from University of Rochester, 63% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a master's in chemistry.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 12
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

University of Rochester also has a doctoral program available in chemistry. In 2021, 11 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Chemistry Grads May Go Into

A degree in chemistry can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University of Rochester.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 4,400 $79,340
Chemists 3,360 $85,590
Chemistry Professors 2,270 $102,260
Physics Postsecondary Professors 1,430 $117,370


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.