Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Applied Mathematics at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

Find Schools Near

Applied Mathematics at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

If you are interested in studying applied mathematics, you may want to check out the program at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Pitt is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and approximately 32,277 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 43 applied math majors received their bachelor's degree from Pitt.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Applied Mathematics section at the bottom of this page.

Pitt Applied Mathematics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Math

Pitt Applied Mathematics Rankings

The applied math major at Pitt is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Applied Mathematics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in applied math from Pitt. This is the #160 most popular school for applied math master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Applied Math Graduates from Pitt Make?

The median salary of applied math students who receive their bachelor's degree at Pitt is $50,312. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $51,707 for all applied math students.


Applied Math Student Demographics at Pitt

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the applied math majors at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Pitt Applied Mathematics Bachelor’s Program

35% Women
9% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 43 students earned a bachelor's degree in applied math from Pitt. About 35% of these graduates were women and the other 65% were men.


About 67% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in applied math at Pitt are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus with a bachelor's in applied math.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 29
International Students 10
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Pitt also has a doctoral program available in applied math. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Applied Math Grads May Go Into

A degree in applied math can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Financial Analysts 11,980 $93,870
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Statisticians 3,710 $85,180
Financial Specialists 3,370 $74,880
Mathematical Science Professors 2,460 $88,390


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.