Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Information Systems at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

Find Schools Near

Computer Information Systems at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

If you are interested in studying computer information systems, you may want to check out the program at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Pitt is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 32,277.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Information Systems section at the bottom of this page.

Pitt Computer Information Systems Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in CIS
  • Doctorate Degree in CIS

Online Classes Are Available at Pitt

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

For those who are interested in distance learning, Pitt does offer online courses in CIS for the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

Pitt Computer Information Systems Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

There were 2 students who received their doctoral degrees in CIS, making the school the #72 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do CIS Graduates from Pitt Make?

The median salary of CIS students who receive their bachelor's degree at Pitt is $40,396. This is less than $53,242, which is the national average of all CIS majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


CIS Student Demographics at Pitt

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the CIS majors at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Pitt Computer Information Systems Master’s Program

53% Women
11% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 19 students earned a master's degree in CIS from Pitt. About 53% of these graduates were women and the other 47% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus with a master's in CIS.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Careers That CIS Grads May Go Into

A degree in CIS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Software Applications Developers 28,260 $96,370
Computer Systems Analysts 21,910 $95,990
Computer Workers 19,010 $87,040
Computer and Information Systems Managers 13,070 $146,860
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 12,760 $77,700


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.