Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Fine & Studio Arts at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Fine & Studio Arts at University of Pennsylvania

If you are interested in studying fine and studio arts, you may want to check out the program at University of Pennsylvania. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 26,552 students attend the school each year. Of the 3,499 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Pennsylvania in 2021, 27 of them were fine and studio arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Fine & Studio Arts section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Fine & Studio Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts
  • Master’s Degree in Fine Arts
  • Doctorate Degree in Fine Arts

UPenn Fine & Studio Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the Fine Arts progam at UPenn compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The Fine Arts major at UPenn is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Fine & Studio Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Fine & Studio Arts Schools 424

In 2021, 21 students received their master’s degree in Fine Arts from UPenn. This makes it the #33 most popular school for Fine Arts master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 5 students who received their doctoral degrees in Fine Arts, making the school the #8 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Fine Arts Graduates from UPenn Make?

The median salary of Fine Arts students who receive their bachelor's degree at UPenn is $27,689. This is 14% higher than $24,186, which is the national average for all Fine Arts bachelor's degree recipients.


Fine Arts Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the Fine Arts majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Fine & Studio Arts Bachelor’s Program

67% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 27 Fine Arts majors earned their bachelor's degree from UPenn. Of these graduates, 33% were men and 67% were women. The typical Fine Arts bachelor's degree program is made up of only 28% men. So male students are more repesented at UPenn since its program graduates 6% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in Fine Arts.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 11
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

UPenn Fine & Studio Arts Master’s Program

67% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 21 students earned a master's degree in Fine Arts from UPenn. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 28% men graduate in Fine Arts each year. UPenn does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 6% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in Fine Arts.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 7
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

UPenn also has a doctoral program available in Fine Arts. In 2021, 5 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Fine Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in Fine Arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 5,050 $80,740
Photographers 1,740 $34,790
Art Directors 1,110 $98,410
Curators 670 $53,840


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.