Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at University of Pennsylvania

If you plan to study general psychology, take a look at what University of Pennsylvania has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 26,552 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn General Psychology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Psychology

UPenn General Psychology Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

In 2021, 48 students received their master’s degree in psychology from UPenn. This makes it the #22 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 0 student who received their doctoral degrees in psychology, making the school the #119 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of UPenn Psychology Graduates

The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at UPenn is $34,472. This is 20% higher than $28,637, which is the national average for all psychology bachelor's degree recipients.


Psychology Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn General Psychology Master’s Program

77% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The psychology program at UPenn awarded 48 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 20% men graduate in psychology each year. UPenn does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 2% more men than average.


Of the students who received a psychology master's degree from UPenn, 81% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 39
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

UPenn also has a doctoral program available in psychology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 4,440 $83,610
Psychology Professors 2,130 $89,300
Psychologists 460 $87,940


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.