Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Engineering at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Computer Engineering at University of Pennsylvania

Every computer engineering school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the CE program at University of Pennsylvania stacks up to those at other schools.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 26,552 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 17 students received a bachelor's degree in CE from UPenn.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Computer Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CE

UPenn Computer Engineering Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks CE programs across the country. The following shows how UPenn performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The CE major at UPenn is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Computer Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 267

CE Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the CE majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Computer Engineering Bachelor’s Program

29% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The CE program at UPenn awarded 17 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 71% of these degrees went to men with the other 29% going to women. The typical CE bachelor's degree program is made up of only 19% women. So female students are more repesented at UPenn since its program graduates 10% more women than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in CE.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 7
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

UPenn also has a doctoral program available in CE. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That CE Grads May Go Into

A degree in CE can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Software Applications Developers 28,260 $96,370
Systems Software Developers 8,810 $103,520
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,220 $150,400
Computer Network Architects 7,120 $101,090
Engineering Professors 2,950 $114,870


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.