Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Subject Specific at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Subject Specific at University of Pennsylvania

If you plan to study teacher education subject specific, take a look at what University of Pennsylvania has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 26,552 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teacher Education Subject Specific section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Teacher Education Subject Specific Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Subject Specific Ed
  • Doctorate Degree in Subject Specific Ed

UPenn Teacher Education Subject Specific Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 4 students who received their doctoral degrees in subject specific ed, making the school the #32 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Subject Specific Ed Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the subject specific ed majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Teacher Education Subject Specific Master’s Program

64% Women
30% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 80 students earned a master's degree in subject specific ed from UPenn. About 64% of these graduates were women and the other 36% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 33% men graduate in subject specific ed each year. UPenn does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 3% more men than average.


Of the students who received a subject specific ed master's degree from UPenn, 63% were white. This is below average for this degree on the natiowide level. In the subject specific ed master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 30% of degree recipients. That is 6% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in subject specific ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 50
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 8

Careers That Subject Specific Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in subject specific ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Elementary School Teachers 55,200 $66,860
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Middle School Teachers 21,640 $67,950
Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors 12,450 $35,420
Health Specialties Professors 12,420 $95,160


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.