Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Education at University of Pennsylvania

If you plan to study education, take a look at what University of Pennsylvania has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 26,552.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Education section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

UPenn Education Rankings

There were 70 students who received their doctoral degrees in education, making the school the #34 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Education Master’s Program

76% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The education program at UPenn awarded 537 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 24% of these degrees went to men with the other 76% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 19% men graduate in education each year. UPenn does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 5% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in education.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 36
Black or African American 51
Hispanic or Latino 39
White 203
International Students 178
Other Races/Ethnicities 30

Concentrations Within Education

The following education concentations are available at University of Pennsylvania. The completion numbers here include all graduates who receive any type of degree in this field from University of Pennsylvania. Some of these focus areas may not be available for your degree level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Educational Administration 155
General Education 134
Teacher Education Subject Specific 84
Teaching English or French 71
Teacher Education Grade Specific 41
Instructional Media Design 35
Educational Assessment 31
Other Education 27
Education Philosophy 22
Curriculum & Instruction 7

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Elementary School Teachers 55,200 $66,860
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Teacher Assistants 46,610 $26,640
Middle School Teachers 21,640 $67,950
Preschool Teachers 13,480 $29,250


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.