Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

What traits are you looking for in a design school? To help you decide if University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's design program.

UIUC is located in Champaign, Illinois and approximately 51,605 students attend the school each year. Of the 8,983 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2019, 75 of them were design and applied arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

UIUC Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

UIUC Design & Applied Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks design programs across the country. The following shows how UIUC performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at UIUC is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Design & Applied Arts Schools 26
Best Value Design & Applied Arts Schools 181

How Much Do Design Graduates from UIUC Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at UIUC is $40,200. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 30% higher than the national average of $30,900 for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at UIUC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

UIUC Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

64% Women
41% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at UIUC awarded 75 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 36% of these degrees went to men with the other 64% going to women. The typical design bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% men. So male students are more repesented at UIUC since its program graduates 3% more men than average.

UIUC Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 7% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 19
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 32
International Students 12
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

UIUC also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for IL, the home state for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Occupation Jobs in IL Average Salary in IL
Graphic Designers 11,700 $56,890
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 3,940 $68,360
Professors 3,040 $66,970
Photographers 2,600 $36,290
Interior Designers 2,250 $52,150

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.