Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Dance at University of Hartford

Find Schools Near

Dance at University of Hartford

If you plan to study dance, take a look at what University of Hartford has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UHart is located in West Hartford, Connecticut and approximately 6,773 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 8 students received a bachelor's degree in dance from UHart.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Dance section at the bottom of this page.

UHart Dance Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Dance

UHart Dance Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks dance programs across the country. The following shows how UHart performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The dance major at UHart is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Dance. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Dance Schools 105
Best Dance Bachelor’s Degree Schools 127
Best Value Dance Bachelor’s Degree Schools 152

Dance Student Demographics at UHart

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the dance majors at University of Hartford.

UHart Dance Bachelor’s Program

88% Women
38% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 8 students earned a bachelor's degree in dance from UHart. About 88% of these graduates were women and the other 12% were men.

UHart Gender Breakdown of Dance Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 62% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in dance at UHart are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 3% more racial-ethnic minorities in its dance bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Hartford with a bachelor's in dance.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Dance Majors at University of Hartford
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 5
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

UHart also has a doctoral program available in dance. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Dance Grads May Go Into

A degree in dance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CT, the home state for University of Hartford.

Occupation Jobs in CT Average Salary in CT
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 1,090 $93,250
Choreographers 270 $56,080

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.