Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Child Development & Psychology at University of Delaware

Find Schools Near

Child Development & Psychology at University of Delaware

If you plan to study child development and psychology, take a look at what University of Delaware has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UD is located in Newark, Delaware and has a total student population of 23,613. Of the 4,743 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Delaware in 2021, 203 of them were child development and psychology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Child Development & Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

UD Child Development & Psychology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development
  • Master’s Degree in Child Development
  • Doctorate Degree in Child Development

UD Child Development & Psychology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks child development programs across the country. The following shows how UD performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The child development major at UD is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Child Development & Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Child Development & Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 66

In 2021, 2 students received their master’s degree in child development from UD. This makes it the #94 most popular school for child development master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 5 students who received their doctoral degrees in child development, making the school the #50 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Child Development Graduates from UD Make?

The median salary of child development students who receive their bachelor's degree at UD is $30,180. This is less than $30,859, which is the national average of all child development majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Child Development Student Demographics at UD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the child development majors at University of Delaware.

UD Child Development & Psychology Bachelor’s Program

79% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The child development program at UD awarded 203 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 21% of these degrees went to men with the other 79% going to women.


About 69% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in child development at UD are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a bachelor's in child development.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 14
Hispanic or Latino 23
White 140
International Students 9
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

UD Child Development & Psychology Master’s Program

100% Women
For the most recent academic year available, 0% of child development master's degrees went to men and 100% went to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a master's in child development.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

UD also has a doctoral program available in child development. In 2021, 5 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Child Development Grads May Go Into

A degree in child development can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for University of Delaware.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
Managers 900 $134,410
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 480 $78,850


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.