Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Subject Specific at University of Delaware

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Subject Specific at University of Delaware

If you plan to study teacher education subject specific, take a look at what University of Delaware has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UD is located in Newark, Delaware and has a total student population of 23,613. In 2021, 65 subject specific ed majors received their bachelor's degree from UD.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teacher Education Subject Specific section at the bottom of this page.

UD Teacher Education Subject Specific Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Subject Specific Ed

UD Teacher Education Subject Specific Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the subject specific ed progam at UD compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The subject specific ed major at UD is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Teacher Education Subject Specific. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Teacher Education Subject Specific Master’s Degree Schools 538

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in subject specific ed from UD. This is the #539 most popular school for subject specific ed master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Subject Specific Ed Graduates from UD Make?

The median salary of subject specific ed students who receive their bachelor's degree at UD is $43,191. This is 17% higher than $36,899, which is the national average for all subject specific ed bachelor's degree recipients.


Subject Specific Ed Student Demographics at UD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the subject specific ed majors at University of Delaware.

UD Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Program

68% Women
12% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The subject specific ed program at UD awarded 65 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 32% of these degrees went to men with the other 68% going to women.


About 85% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in subject specific ed at UD are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a bachelor's in subject specific ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 55
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

UD also has a doctoral program available in subject specific ed. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Subject Specific Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in subject specific ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for University of Delaware.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
Elementary School Teachers 3,780 $63,040
Middle School Teachers 2,650 $63,380
High School Teachers 2,650 $65,040
Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors 1,040 $38,440
Coaches and Scouts 900 $40,190


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.