Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Engineering at University of California - Santa Barbara

Find Schools Near

Computer Engineering at University of California - Santa Barbara

If you plan to study computer engineering, take a look at what University of California - Santa Barbara has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UCSB is located in Santa Barbara, California and has a total student population of 25,057. Of the 6,327 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of California - Santa Barbara in 2019, 51 of them were computer engineering majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Engineering section at the bottom of this page.

UCSB Computer Engineering Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CE

UCSB Computer Engineering Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the CE progam at UCSB compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

Of the schools analyzed in this analysis, the CE program at UCSB was ranked #43 for overall quality. It is also ranked as the #8 school in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Computer Engineering Graduates 22
Best Computer Engineering Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 48
Best Computer Engineering Colleges for Veterans 61
Most Popular Colleges for Computer Engineering 65
Best Value Colleges for Computer Engineering 86
Most Focused Colleges for Computer Engineering 150

Earnings of UCSB CE Graduates

The median salary of CE students who receive their bachelor's degree at UCSB is $75,800. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 10% higher than the national average of $68,700 for all CE bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

CE Student Demographics at UCSB

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the CE majors at University of California - Santa Barbara.

UCSB Computer Engineering Bachelor’s Program

16% Women
71% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The CE program at UCSB awarded 51 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 84% of these degrees went to men with the other 16% going to women. The typical CE bachelor's degree program is made up of only 13% women. So female students are more repesented at UCSB since its program graduates 2% more women than average.

UCSB Gender Breakdown of Computer Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 32% more racial-ethnic minorities in its CE bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of California - Santa Barbara with a bachelor's in CE.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Engineering Majors at University of California - Santa Barbara
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 23
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 11
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Careers That CE Grads May Go Into

A degree in CE can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for University of California - Santa Barbara.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Software Applications Developers 148,550 $127,950
Systems Software Developers 88,910 $131,700
Architectural and Engineering Managers 31,580 $175,010
Computer Hardware Engineers 20,720 $131,570
Computer Network Architects 16,650 $127,500

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.