Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General English Literature at University of Baltimore

Find Schools Near

General English Literature at University of Baltimore

If you plan to study general English literature, take a look at what University of Baltimore has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

U of Baltimore is located in Baltimore, Maryland and approximately 5,565 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 22 students received a bachelor's degree in English from U of Baltimore.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General English Literature section at the bottom of this page.

U of Baltimore General English Literature Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in English

U of Baltimore General English Literature Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks English programs across the country. The following shows how U of Baltimore performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The English major at U of Baltimore is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General English Literature. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for General English Literature 169
Highest Paid General English Literature Graduates 332
Most Popular Colleges for General English Literature 485

English Student Demographics at U of Baltimore

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English majors at University of Baltimore.

U of Baltimore General English Literature Bachelor’s Program

68% Women
55% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The English program at U of Baltimore awarded 22 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 32% of these degrees went to men with the other 68% going to women. The typical English bachelor's degree program is made up of only 28% men. So male students are more repesented at U of Baltimore since its program graduates 4% more men than average.

U of Baltimore Gender Breakdown of General English Literature Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 24% more racial-ethnic minorities in its English bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Baltimore with a bachelor's in English.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General English Literature Majors at University of Baltimore
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Careers That English Grads May Go Into

A degree in English can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for University of Baltimore.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
High School Teachers 19,330 $72,610
English Language and Literature Professors 1,180 $73,490

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.