Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at University of Baltimore

Find Schools Near

Information Science at University of Baltimore

If you are interested in studying information science, you may want to check out the program at University of Baltimore. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

U of Baltimore is located in Baltimore, Maryland and approximately 5,565 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 22 IS majors received their bachelor's degree from U of Baltimore.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Science section at the bottom of this page.

U of Baltimore Information Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IS

U of Baltimore Information Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IS progam at U of Baltimore compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IS major at U of Baltimore is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Information Science Graduates 49
Most Focused Colleges for Information Science 63
Most Popular Colleges for Information Science 90

IS Student Demographics at U of Baltimore

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at University of Baltimore.

U of Baltimore Information Science Bachelor’s Program

23% Women
59% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 22 students earned a bachelor's degree in IS from U of Baltimore. About 23% of these graduates were women and the other 77% were men.

U of Baltimore Gender Breakdown of Information Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 15% more racial-ethnic minorities in its IS bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Baltimore with a bachelor's in IS.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Science Majors at University of Baltimore
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Careers That IS Grads May Go Into

A degree in IS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for University of Baltimore.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
Systems Software Developers 15,430 $119,860
Computer Workers 13,720 $113,330
Computer and Information Systems Managers 10,590 $154,870
Computer and Information Research Scientists 2,900 $119,180
Computer Science Professors 770 $107,350

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.