Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

International Relations & National Security at The New School

Find Schools Near

International Relations & National Security at The New School

If you plan to study international relations and national security, take a look at what The New School has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

New School University is located in New York, New York and approximately 9,047 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in International Relations & National Security section at the bottom of this page.

New School University International Relations & National Security Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in International Relations

New School University International Relations & National Security Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

International Relations Student Demographics at New School University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the international relations majors at The New School.

New School University International Relations & National Security Master’s Program

80% Women
32% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 41 students earned a master's degree in international relations from New School University. About 80% of these graduates were women and the other 20% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The New School with a master's in international relations.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 10
International Students 15
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Careers That International Relations Grads May Go Into

A degree in international relations can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The New School.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Political Science Professors 1,680 $125,360
Political Scientists 90 $122,440


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.